- Alan Murray, president of Fortune magazine and chief content officer at Time Inc.;
- Beloved UConn Women’s Basketball alumna and sportscaster Rebecca Lobo;
- Lee McChesney, president of hand tools, accessories and storage at Stanley Black & Decker;
- Cindi Bigelow, president and CEO of Bigelow Tea;
- Tom Marshella, managing director of Moody’s;
- Kim Sayles, a U.S. Office of Protective Operations agent, currently serving as White House sniper, and many other industry experts.
“I’m tremendously excited for this year’s presentation,” said Professor Lucy Gilson, the conference academic director. “Our speakers are exceptionally dynamic and hail from a tremendous variety of businesses. Our goal is for participants to leave the conference with powerful new ideas for personal growth and business development, an expanded professional network and a fresh view of the challenges ahead.”
The conference is being sponsored by Virtus Investment Partners Inc., an investment management company that has been a strong supporter of the leadership conference.
The Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership conference is designed for senior managers and emerging leaders. It will be held at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn. For more information, please see genoleads.com.
As previously announced, the keynote speaker is Robin Roberts, the anchor of ABC’s “Good Morning America.” She will share the lessons she has learned through collegiate athletics, her career in the media, including a successful span at Bristol, Conn.’s ESPN, and her two battles with cancer.
The event is the brainchild of Geno Auriemma, the head coach of the UConn Women’s Basketball Team, who recognized the need for a conference to address the unique professional needs of accomplished managers. He will deliver a luncheon presentation.
“Of course one of the highlights of the conference is a chance to hear Coach Auriemma’s insight into his career success and how he motivates his players and brings out the best in them,” Gilson said. “During lunch he often gives us little insights into the team dynamics, and answers questions from our conference participants. Every year his talk receives rave reviews!”